Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I was in the process of replacing the timing belt and

Customer Question
I was in the...

I was in the process of replacing the timing belt and mistakenly took tension off the belt before marking sprockets and crank. The cams spun so I have no refurence. I have the timing tools. How do I get the timing back

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the timing belt? Have you ever had to change it before?

The car has 129k on it. The belt was changed. I have a new replacement kit

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Audi?

2004 A6 Avant with 3.0l engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your A6 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes fixing myself. The Old Belt Is Off. I Have Installed New pulleys And tenioner. I have valve covers off. Am ready to start putting the can tools on

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Audi
1/6/2018
Audi Mechanic: Randall C, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, I am Randall As you know it is a little complex and really no way for me to describe in this type of format but what I have done is pulled up all the factory repair information and attached it to this post for your reference. It is a .pdf file/ It will explain tools , use and so on

Please remember to rate service using the separate pop up rating page. Thank you

I will review the off thanks

Ok, thanks