Audi

Audi Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Audi

2002 audi tt quattro is making screeching noise when turning…

Customer Question
2002 audi tt quattro...

2002 audi tt quattro is making screeching noise when turning at low speed.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Quattro yourself? What have you tried so far?

Took to dealer and they said problem was the struts

Mechanic's Assistant: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?

No fluid, excellent ride, just the screech at low speed

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Car has 110,000 miles and I am 3d owner

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Audi
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/6/2018
Audi Mechanic: Audi0405, Technician replied 1 month ago
Audi0405
Audi0405, Technician

Good afternoon ,

Have you verified the struts are the issue ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No I think the struts are not the issue - no bumpy ride and front end does not bounce up and down when corner of car pushed down

When you make the slow turn does the noise come from the spring area where the strut is at?

AudiDoc
AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner