Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Drove the car approximately 2 miles, was in a hurry to get…

Customer Question
Drove the car approximately...

Drove the car approximately 2 miles, was in a hurry to get to hospital, pulled out on main road, turned flashers on, and the motor started making a funny noise, RPM went high, and the steering wheel got a little tighter, EPC light came on

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked your tire pressure? Is it a steady pull?

I just had 35k service done on Thursday of last week all tires are 31

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Audi?

2015 TT Sline

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your TT yourself? What have you tried so far?

I drove it back home, popped the hood, it has a strong burning alcohol smell after it cranks up

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Engine sounds very loud, like thumping when cranked

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Audi
1/2/2018
Audi Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 4 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

hi how can I help you with this? what question did you have specifically?

Is there anything I can do from home? Or do I need to take it to dealer? I have never had any issues with this car, it was just serviced last week, new spark plugs, oil change etc..

Please do not forget to click a five star rating as a rating is how I receive credit for my answer, thank you

you can try unhooking the vehicle battery for an hour as this will reset all systems. you can also check all fuses.

in truth neither of these is likely to help, I would strongly advise to have this looked at by a dealer,

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a five star rating as a rating is how I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

the faults need to be scanned as a first step in properly diagnosing this, to determine what is setting off the warning light. Please do not forget to click a five star rating as a rating is how I receive credit for my answer, thank you

Steve
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert