Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I cant get my key out of my ignition. I think its because…

Customer Question
I cant get my...

I cant get my key out of my ignition. I think its because when placing the car i park the button on the shifter is not deploying.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the vehicle have a fuse that enables or disables the shifter?

Not that im aware of

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Audi?

2009 A4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your A4 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Im at work and have so far just tried moving the shifter to try and get the button to deploy.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, thats it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Audi
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/25/2017
Audi Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.
If the release button on the shifter isn't moving as it should when you put it in park it's because the internals of the shifter aren't actually in park. The problem may be a failure of the shifter itself, the shift cable could be out of adjustment, there may be a transmission or shift cable issue that's preventing it from fully going into park.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.