Audi

Audi Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Audi

2002 audi tt. engine turns over but dies after half a

Customer Question
Hi pearl, 2002 audi...

Hi pearl, 2002 audi tt. engine turns over but dies after half a second.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the vehicle have a carburetor?

Nah, fuel injected

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your TT yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. in the process of charging the battery. ran it down yesterday. was going to plug in my scanner to see if i could get an rpm reading from the crack sensor.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The car is cursed

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Audi
12/23/2017
Audi Mechanic: Wolfgang, Audi master tech replied 1 month ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please

understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem

with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer

data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we

just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the

vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be

patient and permit me to do what I do best.

I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in

return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there

is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I

can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you

through it.

Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

just to verify the issue you can crank the vehicle and starts and then stalls a second later?

if that is the issue if you pay attention to the dash is there any blinking yellow lights when it stalls?

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi there, there arent any blinking yellow lights when it stalls.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it cranks, starts and stalls a second later.
Sorry for my delay winter storm knocked out power. If you have another key please try to start and see if the same thing happens. Please let me know. Thanks
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Only have one key, unfortunately. Are u thinking it could be a bad rfid chip in the fob?
Possible. Do you have vag com scan tool?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry for delayed response, i was gone over the new year. I believe so. I have the program on my laptop and the obd cable.
If you do scan all modules and post log of all modules and faults
AudiDoc
AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner