Audi

Audi Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Audi

This has happened two times now; Start the car, move off,

Customer Question
This has happened two...

This has happened two times now; Start the car, move off, and realise the car will not shift out of first gear. Gear selector display on dash flashes. It will not go into reverse also. Turn the ignition off once or twice and it seems to work again. It is a 2004 TT 3.2 V6 with DSG gearbox. Any thoughts?

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

The gearbox is same age as car, therefore 13 years old, only 71,000 miles though. Not sure what you mean by break switch?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '13 Audi?

TT 3.2 V6 coupe. By the way, the gearbox oil has been changed as service manual

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Coupe yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have done nothing so far. Will fix it myself if something very easy.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The second time this has happened the orange emission sensor warning light came on, and has stayed on. Don't know if this is related or not

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Audi
12/20/2017
Audi Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 1 month ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

flashing gear selector light means a transmission fault. the ONLY thing you can do is have a scan tool that reads transmission faults, hooked up to it to get the fault codes.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no thanks to the call, appreciate the offer

let me know what the codes are please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m a low tech DIY person and do not have a code reader. I will have to take it to a garage

ok, good luck to you. I hope its nothing too serious

AudiDoc
AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner