Audi

Audi Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Audi

I have a 2007 Audi S6. The mechanic told me that an intake…

Customer Question
I have a 2007 Audi...
I have a 2007 Audi S6. The mechanic told me that an intake manifold is cracked and might be messing with the vacuum pressure for sensors, but that doesn't make sense for my problems.About half the time and only when the engine is warm, when I attempt to start the car the ESP failure, Brake failure, parking break failure, headlight adjustment failures all read on the dash and the car won't start. I have to try a couple times and let all the failures read through, then it will sometimes start.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Audi
12/20/2017
Audi Mechanic: Wolfgang, Audi master tech replied 2 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

do you have the full scan test of the vehicle of what fault codes are stored?

thanks

I do not, but I can get one in an hour.

that would be fine but prefer VAG COM scan !! and then post log here!!

checking in for that scan!!

thanks

It had the same problem after i had the codes read. it's always in the same order. The starter will turn, but won't start.First an ESP failure,
then stats"Brake fault! Drive carefully to the nearest workshop.
Then "Parking brake malfunction",
Then "headlight range control defective"Then I have to take the key out wait for a minute, reinsert the key and wait for the warnings, then it will start.Readings from Autozone are attached.

ok these are the engine ecu codes only there about another 30-40 modules that can cause these messages to come on . hence that is why i did request VAG COM scan .

VAG COM is the scan tool of choice for the owner / aftermarket tech to check for codes and do according repairs .

there are Chinese versions that are less than $100 which is a pretty good investment so you are not taken advantage or do the repairs by yourself.

OK. I'll get one from amazon, then get back to you in a couple days.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/vag-com-1683-china-vcds-germanfrenchenglish-crack-cable-betty-gao

this is the cable to get !!! then use your laptop with the provided software !! this is the cats a#@!!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have the FOXWELL Automotive VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda Scan Tool NT510 VAG Car Obd2 Code Reader Full System Diagnosis Scanner with Oil Light and ABS Reset Service Functions coming in tonight. Which VAG COM reading do you need?
Audi Mechanic: Wolfgang, Audi master tech replied 1 month ago

I do need a full scan test of all modules and part #'s of all modules

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The readings are as follows:05668- Requirement- malfunction lamp
on active - sporadic
008 - implausible signal01672- EMC/PCM power relay,sense
circuit open- sporadic
002- lower limit exceeded05715 Read DTC memory of ABS CM - sporadic
001 - uper limit esceeded00258 MAss or Volume Air Flow Circ. low imput - sporadic
002- lower limit exceeded05715 Read DTC memory of ABS CM sporadic
008- Implausible Signal12423 Supply relay for engine components. Electrical malfunction in circuit- sporadic
002 - Limit Exceeded08198 Intake Manfold Runner Control Bank, Stuck Closed- Sporadic
001 Upper Limit Exceeded08569 System too lean off idle, Bank 2 - sporadic
001- upper limit exceeded09523 ignition switch run/ Start Position Circuit - sporatic 002- lower limit exceeded00135 Fuel rail/system pressure - too low - sporadic 002- lower limit exceeded08756 o2 sensor bank 2 sensor 1, signal circuit shorted to heater circuit - sporadic 004- no signal/communication08344 Post catalyst fuel trim system bank 2 too lean - sporadic 002- lower limit exceeded06435 Check DTC memory of engine control module (ECM) 2 - sporadic 008- implausible signal
Can u give me readings measured value blocks 32-37 while running please
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How do I do that?
Which foxwell scan tool you have? Model # please to see if you can get this readings
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Nt510. If the car has to be running while the scan is going, that's going to be a problem. I just blew one of the oil gaskets so it's not holding oil currently.
Yikes let me see if there is any other option
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is there another option or am I s.o.l. until I get the car running again?

Kyle the lean fault to diagnose you need it running to isolate why its running lean and the same for the maf sensor too.

and you have faults with the slave ecm module and the scan tool now cannot read it . because it has a different address word for communication!!

You need to get the car running to isolate !! no exceptions!! I understand you do not want to hear that but no options!!

Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech