Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Where is the lighting module located on a 2007 AUDI A8. I…

Customer Question
Where is the lighting...

Where is the lighting module located on a 2007 AUDI A8

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

I have a Lighting module I want to install on a AUDI A8 2007 where is it located and how do I get to it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your A8 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I drop the cover in the interior drivers side

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Audi
12/19/2017
Audi Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

Here is the location for the control module for the lights.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xgxnq4x0lt4o9fg/2007%20audi%20A8%20lighting%20module.pdf?dl=0

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

how do you get to it I have half the drivers side dash out

You have to remove the cover under the steering column that covers under it. It may require removing trim across front of dash and glove box to get the lower cover off.

Then follow the direction i gave you to replace module.

is it up behind the radio are or in the driver foot well are I have part of the dash and duct removed?

It is above the duct for the drivers floor.

I have drivers duct out and I don't see anywhere

Can you send me a picture of the exact module you are replacing since there is no module called the lighting control module on this vehicle and the one I sent you directions on is the only module that controls the lights but ha is called vehicle electrical system control module.

the last time I talked with a mechanic on this site he told a head lighting control module is what I needed to fix my rear lights problem and sent me the same diag you did
Does your module look like in pictures I sent you?
send me picture

If you are having problems with rear lights then that module is in the right side of trunk. The one i was giving you is for the front lights and headlights.

Here is the wire diagram for exterior lights and look at page two shows module in trunk is for the rear lights.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cmleoocfd389qbr/2007%20Audi%20A8%20exterior%20lights.pdf?dl=0

I was told by last mechanic I needed a headlight control module which also controls the rear lights. that is why all the lights in the rear I am having problems with ??? lokk at the last time I call in I talked to him on phone

I am opting out since you already had a diagnosis and should contact customer service to discuss the problem again with that expert. I am not going through the complete diagnosis again with you. Please contact customer service or go to last questions and contact that expert again. Have a great day.

what happens is during the day all rear lights work fine. At night when I turn running lights on they turn on fine after I hit the brakes and or turn signals on all rear lights go out and or may come back on or may fliker
I am talking about your company nobody else
Audi Mechanic: Wolfgang, Audi master tech replied 4 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please

understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem

with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer

data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we

just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the

vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be

patient and permit me to do what I do best.

I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in

return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there

is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I

can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you

through it.

Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

i do need a picture of the options sticker in the trunk where the spare tire is. please see attached pic so you know what i'm looking for.

with this sticker i can get the exact location of the vehicle electrics module that control the lights .

did you have a scan test of the vehicle ? if so were there any codes for the lights? if you can list the fault codes stored?

thanks

Wolfgang

Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech