Audi

Audi Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Audi

I have a 03 a6 3.0 obd11 codes came p0010 A, p0013B bank1,

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a 03 a6 3.0 obd11 codes came p0010 A, p0013B bank1, p0020A bank2, p0023B bank2, p0030 bank1 sensor. Car runs ok with MAF unplugged but idles to dead plugged in. I read somewhere that it cant be throwing both bank cam shaft codes at the same time is it possible the ecm is bad? What would you do with the given information? Im new to audi so kind of out of my element. Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

I listed the codes..

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your A6 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Im trying to but need advice on the information ive provided.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Car has 160k been totaled out no windows sunroof or dome lights work all fuses in fuse panel good

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Audi
12/19/2017
Audi Mechanic: FIXITMAN, Master Technician replied 2 months ago
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician

Hello my name is***** there are a lot of things that will cause this, the computer being one of them, the most common cause of this is by far a worn out timing belt. When the belt is worn out then you will get these codes. When you disconnect the MAF the computer changes the way it reads everything else. The timing belt is what needs to be checked. I hope this helps. please let me know if you need anything else.

I was afraid of that. Thanks
Anytime. If you need anything else please let me know. Please rate the service you receive from me also when you have time. Thank you.
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician