Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Lost power to ac control panel and right side seat heater…

Customer Question
Hi, lost power to...

Hi, lost power to ac control panel and right side seat heater knob

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Its completely gone no power

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Audi?

2004 Audi TT

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your TT yourself? What have you tried so far?

I did not take it to any shop yet, I was hoping its a fuse

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Audi
12/13/2017
Audi Mechanic: peterpete190, Technician replied 7 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

On the driver's side of the dash check these fuses to see if any are blown:

3

5

16

25

At the fuse panel on top of the vehicle battery check these fuses:

133

164

If all of these fuses are good this can be a fault internally with the main dash heater and ac control panel needing replaced.You would have to have this tested further to see if this is the cause or if there is another component or wiring at fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

i checked all the fuse , all seems ok by visual and checked with continuty meter.what is next.
Audi Mechanic: peterpete190, Technician replied 6 months ago

If all fuses are o.k. this leads to a fault internally with the main dash heater and ac control panel needs to be replaced.This can fail internally causing the issue you see here with it needing to be replaced to resolve this fault.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?