Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Made a mistake. Filled oil in the coolant reservoir and need…

Customer Question
Made a mistake. Filled...

Made a mistake. Filled oil in the coolant reservoir and need help removing

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

Long time ago / 2-3 years?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2011 Audi Q5

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Q5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet. Made a mistake and need help from a mechanic to do it right

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Audi
12/12/2017
Audi Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 5 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

If you have not started the engine yet, then you will just need to remove the reservoir, drain it and then spray some non-chlorinated brake cleaner inside it and then rinse out with water to get any oil residue from the insides of the reservoir.

Give me a couple of minutes to pull and upload directions to remove the reservoir.

I started engine for 60-90 seconds

Sorry, I forgot to ask if yours is the 2l turbo or 3.2l non turbo

That wont be enough time for the oil in the coolant to have gotten into the radiator or engine

2l turbo

hmm, for some reason I dont have the directions for the 2L turbo reservoir. I will opt out and see if another expert has directions to remove it

Audi Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 5 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. The best way to remove it is by draining and flushing the cooling system using powder cascade dishwashing detergent and water. Run to temp 15 to 20 minutes and drain. Repeat until it drains out clean then do a final straight water rinse before refilling with fresh coolant. this procedure is also use on heavy equipment and other applications after a cooler failure to clean out the sludge created from oil mixing with coolant. It will look like new once finished.

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Audi Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 4 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated. Wish you and yours a great holidays. It's been a pleasure working with you on this.

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson