Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2010 AUDI Q7; inside gas refueling chamber, metal flap which…

Customer Question
2010 AUDI Q7; inside...

2010 AUDI Q7; inside gas refueling chamber, metal flap which retract when inserting gas nozzle want fully close. My display console now showing, yellow check engine symbol, could the struck flap that should close after removing gas nozzle be the cause; if so, how to repair?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

Yes, codes: 313, 768, 772, 773, 774, 2098, and 8344?

Mechanic's Assistant: Great. If you share the code with me, I'll pass it along to the Mechanic. He'll be able to diagnose your issue much faster with a code. Are you fixing your Q7 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, researching, where to start or where to go.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My email address:***@******.***

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Audi
12/11/2017
Audi Mechanic: Audi0405, Technician replied 7 months ago
Audi0405
Audi0405, Technician

OK yes if the flap will not close back like it used too then this will cause a evap fault and cause your check engine light to come on ,you need to see if the flap will close again if not this flap is a part of the fuel tank and you will need to have the fuel tank replaced but usually this flap just gets stuck because the spring will not retract back i suggest having a repair shop try to get the flu to close. I hope this helps please dont forget to provide feedback for the help provided thank you