Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My Audi 2008 a4quatro 2.p dird and won't start keeps blowing…

Customer Question
My Audi 2008 a4quatro...

My Audi 2008 a4quatro 2.p dird and won't start keeps blowing fuse . Must be for ignition because it does it when I try to be start it

Mechanic's Assistant: Do all the fuses have the correct amperage for the circuits they're in?

I believe so

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 200 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Changed position sensor , camshaft sensor, & crankshaft sensor & bought new battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Engine smoked after it died & eco light came on

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Audi
12/6/2017
Audi Mechanic: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka - Moose)

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Which fuse is failing?

It is a 20 amp fuseand is in the trunk of the car

Sorry but I can not help on this concern. I will opt out.

Audi Mechanic: Wolfgang, Audi master tech replied 4 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

ok i do need a pic of the fusebox with you pointing the fuse that is blowing .

next in the spare tire area is a white sticker with the vin # and the option codes . i do need a pic of that

once i have that info i can assist with the factory information in front of me!!

Thanks

AudiDoc
AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner