Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2014 Audi S4 V6 3.0 supercharged. I bought it with…

Customer Question
I have a 2014 Audi...
I have a 2014 Audi S4 V6 3.0 supercharged.
I bought it with damage to the front left headlight and bumper cover along with a blown steering wheel airbag and locked up seat belts. Everything has been replaced with factory parts.
Truck dropped it at distance not far from my shop. Figured I’d be fine to drive it home so I made an attempt. Was dead so I jumped it and it ran fine. Died on me after a couple blocks and I got it off the road. My buddy following me jumped it and it ran for a second then died again. After this the dash would show power but when pressing the start button it would make a noise like an electrical activation was in starting like shhhhh but no response. Finally trailered it to my shop and it sat. Tried trickle charge and worked on body while it sat dead for a couple months. Mechanic.thought it was the starter. He’s good but doesn’t know Audi’s that well. So I even tapped on it while someone tried starting it and it kept doing the same thing. Finally due to the front end already being off we replaced the starter with a used oem part. This too did not make any change to the problem. It was ready for Paint and my mechanic ran a jumper over the airbag relay attached to the battery and it fired up and ran just fine. Once Paint was done and they moved it 4 times they figured they would do me a favor and put the battery compartment in the trunk back together for me. Ahhh! I was like no don’t touch it. Supposedly they moved it once after. I then trailered it to my mechanic again and he put a trickle charge on it and reset codes. The next day it fired up. Forgot to say I replaced airbag relay and removed jumper.
So I’ve been driving for a week now just fine and then today at a restaurant it did it again. Power inside but won’t turn over. Just the auxiliary electric sound again. I went and bought a new battery for it hoping the cold cranking amps would do it. Nope. It’s still sitting at the restaurant.
I went and grabbed my mechanics snapon code reader and it gave me a p305200 code that says “starter activation return message terminal 50 short circuit to battery. Sounds connected to my problems but what the heck does it mean and what should I do??I must add the only other thing not working at this point are the paddle shifters and horn. Haven’t bothered to look into that yet and was thinking it had nothing to do with it starting.Thank you
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Audi
12/6/2017
Audi Mechanic: Wolfgang, Audi master tech replied 4 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

i do need some more info

• vin #
  • a picture of the options sticker located in the spare tire area
  • which module this code was in?

thanks

WAUKGAFL6EA070130. I know the label you need a picture of but I’m not at the car right now. I’ll go back and grab it later tonight. As for the module the code was in. Help me understand. I can rescan when I get back but it did have a 10460-P305200 code as well. Do these first 5 numbers help?

the label is the key and the 5 numbers does not assist.

VAG com all module scan would be awesome if you have vag com!!

Ok I’ll go get a pic of the label shortly. I do not have access to a vag com and the closest Audi dealer is 2 hours away
Ok let me check on this and will get back asap

vcds vag com is what you really need for vw audi bentley and some lambo's.

still looking at wiring diagram!!

no that is not it!! go to ross tech website!!

I’ll order them and install them. I’ll let you know. Thanks

sure!!

AudiDoc
AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner