Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have you ever heard the 4.2 TDI pre-igniting? 2007 q7 my08.

Customer Question
Have you ever heard...

Have you ever heard the 4.2 TDI pre-igniting?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Audi?

2007 q7 my08

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Q7 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, tried nothing yet... just starting to look into it

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

No problem sith starting... pinging.. pre-igniting

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Using moor fuel more

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Audi
12/3/2017
Audi Mechanic: Greg, Technician replied 7 months ago
Greg
Greg, Technician
seen this happen when a crankshaft sensor malfunctions
You need to get hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool and check for malfunction codes. This will put you on the right track to finding out why.
And also note you may have a malfunction codes and also have no check engine light on.
Crank sensors can malfunction and not trip a check engine light.
Need further advice with this issue then please get back to me anytime.
Even after accepting you can get back to me with out any extra cost to you .
Rgds Greg