Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

How do I drop the automatic transmission shifter from inside…

Customer Question
How do I drop...

How do I drop the automatic transmission shifter from inside the car?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Audi. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

I am removing the engine and transmission from the car.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Audi
12/1/2017
Audi Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 7 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, what is your vehicle's year make and model?

2001 Audi A4 4 cylinder auto trans
Audi Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 7 months ago

Let me check.Please stand by.

Audi Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 7 months ago

Depending is you have triptonic or not, attached is bothe the procedures to disconnect the shifter

What do I need to do on the inside of the car to be able to remove the transmission
Audi Mechanic: Wolfgang, Audi master tech replied 7 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech
Hello I’m Wolfgang. I do need the vin # to get the factory information. Thanks
Audi Mechanic: ,  replied 7 months ago
Phone call session started