Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2006 Subaru after driving I have a gurgling sound…

Customer Question
I have a 2006...

I have a 2006 Subaru after driving I have a gurgling sound when I turn it off

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 Subaru?

It is a legacy outback

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?

I want to know if that happens will I burn the motor up

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

It has 118818 miles and it is an automatic

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I am a 72 year old woman and I know nothing about cars

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Audi
11/30/2017
Audi Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Usually this sound happens because the coolant boils into the overflow. What you need to do is watch your temp gauge and make sure it doesn't go into the H while you are driving. If it does, then you need to have the car checked out right away. If not, then the coolant boiling into the over flow is normal and will not hurt the car.

It does this because it's not getting cooled by the cooling fan.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

Do you need more info or have any more questions for me?