Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It over heating. It not leaking. A6 2008 3.2. No I'm not…

Customer Question
It over heating Mechanic's...

It over heating

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?

It not leaking

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Audi?

A6 2008 3.2

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your A6 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I'm not fixing it myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have not try anything yet

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Audi
11/29/2017
Audi Mechanic: FIXITMAN, Master Technician replied 4 months ago
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician

Hello my name is***** the engine overheated but it is full of coolant then it either has a failure in the thermostat, a fan failure or a major cooling system issue. Most of the time the problem is in the fan, but then the engine would stay cool as long as the vehicle is moving. If it is overheating all of the time then the thermostat is failing or it is always possible that there is a head gasket issue. I hope this helps. If you need anything else please let me know.

FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician