Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2007 Audi Q7 2nd row seat stuck in forward position

Customer Question
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Audi
any luck here? been waiting for an hour...
Answered in 1 day by:
11/28/2017
Audi Mechanic: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka - Moose)

I am sorry no one has responded yet. I know you must be thinking " I have been taken or this is a scam" Neither is the case. Sometimes there are more questions than we can get to and we just keep getting farther and farther behind. Sometimes what a customer asks, no experts online are confident their answer will be good enough. Is there any more information you can add to your concern or is there another concern you may have that we could answer instead?

Chris

Have tried both the seat release levers with no luck. And the under seat handle to move fore and aft is not allowing the seat to move to upright position. Does this help?

Are you able to remove the seat from the vehicle so it can be taken apart?

It’s tight under the seat. I can Probably get a wrench in there but not until the weekend. Looks like maybe 6 nuts to remove?

I have not had to do this repair yet but I do have the steps to help you. Below are 2 files of all the steps I can send you. Can you tell me which steps you would like me to upload?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/riqbwvrln2lxyfa/seat1.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ub7g75h1aq8slfa/seat2.png?dl=0

Chris, I made a note for you on this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/riqbwvrln2lxyfa/seat1.png?dl=0

I am not able to see notes left in links, can you respond here.

I will likely need all of these articles under the section section "Seats, Second row 3 passenger" except those for the Head Rests. https://www.dropbox.com/s/riqbwvrln2lxyfa/seat1.png?dl=0 Thanks

Use this link https://www.dropbox.com/s/ou0i7l98q0rhd5p/q7.pdf?dl=0 all sublinks have been opened in the same order as the previous file.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Sorry for the delay. My wife has been in and out of the hospital twice this month. Just got a 404 message for the links you sent me. Can't give you a rating if the files aren't there to see if they can help or not..
Audi Mechanic: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago

The link expired from no rating. It is back active for today so you can rate.

OK finally back at this so if you can reactivate the link i can rate it. I had to order a special airbag connector to attempt the repair so that I do not accidently deploy the seat airbags when removing it. I have finally received the tool and can print off your instructions to finally dig into this. Thanks

I have to pay each time I submit links. So far I have sent 3 links twice and paid 6 times to do so with nothing in return. I will have to see a 5 star rating before I pay to send more links.

Sorry, you have decided to not continue getting assistance.

To be truthful figured out on my own was waiting for you to respond.And honestly after all the time I have InvestedAnd having purchased your bag your bag devices etc. that I didn’t even need I’m really glad I didn’t take your advice to remove the seat. Sorry just can’t give five stars for figuring it out on my own and paying a month subscription to justanswer that was of no value. Excuse the typos from my iPhone but I think you get the picture

Glad you got it resolved.