Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2003 Audi TT that I just had the instrument cluster…

Customer Question
I have a 2003 Audi...
I have a 2003 Audi TT that I just had the instrument cluster remanufactured for. Everything is working great but my washer fluid low warning is on and I know it’s full. I fear that I pulled a wire from one of the three connectors at the back of the cluster, but don’t have a wiring diagram to troubleshoot the issue.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Audi
11/20/2017
Audi Mechanic: Wolfgang, Audi master tech replied 7 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

ok is this the original cluster that is just rebuilt or is this an exchange that was installed?

It is the original
Like I said. I fear that I may have pulled or damaged a wire when I removed the cluster. If you can give me a wiring diagram or connector pin legend for the three connectors, I think I can troubleshoot it.

ok i do need a vin # to get the correct wiring diagram!!

just one more question do you use rain X ?

No I, I don't use rainX.
VIn is TRUSC28N531010541

ok give me some time and will get back!!

is that ok?

Sure. About how long?

hopefully less than 2 hrs

Okay.
Never mind. I was able to trace the wiring manually and fix the problem.

sorry i was about respond!!