Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

B6 A4 1.8 Engine turns, will not start. Has fuel. Battery…

Customer Question
B6 A4 1.8 Engine...

B6 A4 1.8 Engine turns, will not start. Has fuel. Battery new and stromg.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

It is a tuned engine so gas usage has been bad for some time. i was driving it hard and fast, pulled into my office parking lot and as coming to stop I felt car stall as I was turning into parking space. i came out of work 8 hours later and it only turns over and over for 30 seconds with no sounds of firing

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your A4?

2003 1.8 manuak quattro

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your A4 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Its so unusal i dont know where to start car has cranked to life quickly for 4 years never had it just turn and turn

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I left it for 24 hours and now i am back at work. i thought leaving it a day might help in case it was fouled plugs

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Audi
11/11/2017
Audi Mechanic: Wolfgang, Audi master tech replied 8 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

Have you tried cranking the vehicle over and hold the gas pedal to the floor and crank for 20 seconds . does the engine attempt to hit ?

thanks

I tried cranking it for 30 secs and no hits
I just went and got the obdii reader and it say p043 camshaft pos sensor circ high input 1672u