Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have problem with my 04 audi a4 i have no heat in cabin i…

Customer Question
I have problem with...

I have problem with my 04 audi a4 i have no heat in cabin i disconnect both heater core hoses and thers no flow of coolant hope you can help me

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?

Coolant level how would i properly check if the thermostat is not working

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your A4 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I did yes i change the heater core and its already done after i started it and go to the bleeder hose of the heater core i found out no coolant flow

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Pretty much thats it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Audi
11/11/2017
Audi Mechanic: Wolfgang, Audi master tech replied 8 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

now if you have the car running and you pull the hose back with the bleeder hose till its open then raise the rpms to 2000 does the coolant spit out of the hole?

if not yet stab the trottle a couple of times to 3000 to idle then monitor the coolant out of the bleeder hole!!

please do let me know!!!

thanks

some coolant spit out and i’m doing the bleeding but still less heat coming out. Is there any type of heater valve or something in my vehicle?
Heater core and heater core hoses are hot. But still blows warm, no heat at all. It’s like fan blowing..
There is no heater valve. Did you flush the coolant out and new is used?
Out of the bleed hole should be a stream
Yeah i put new coolant on it and bleed it then the air starting to come out then after its solid so i assume no more air in the system and still both hoses are hot but still no heat coming out
Did you scan the climate control for codes?
Can i use just the regular OBD II or has to be a scanner for audi

scanner for audi . code readers will not read the climate control !! sorry for the delay!!