Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2012 Audi A6 Premium with 3.0T that the engine cuts…

I have a 2012...

I have a 2012 Audi A6 Premium with 3.0T that the engine cuts out after 5-10 minutes in stop and go driving. It restarts reluctantly and rpm hesitates with increased throttle even in neutral. It has happened 2X and the first time was diagnosed as the flow sensor, which was replaced. The check engine light was on. The second time, just happened with no check engine light. Car has 121,000 miles.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

If you're referring to the check engine light, the first time it stayed on and the second time it did not come on, at all.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your A6 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, dealer serviced only.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I am going through the second time right now. It occurred last night in heavy traffic. The only other thing that I noticed, is a slight hesitation on acceleration, after driving it at highway speeds once I got out of the heavy traffic, but this could have been me being over sensitive to it stalling again.

10/24/2017
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

i do need a vin # of the vehicle to get the factory information .

the repair with the maf sensor was it performed at the Audi dealer? do you wkow what codes were stored?

thanks

P2539
WAUGGAFC0CN034588

ok i have accessed you last scan on september and you had 3 codes

Cooling Fan 1 Control Circuit Low (P069100)

Low Fuel Pressure regulation Fuel pressure outside specification (P310B00)

Fuel Rail/System Pressure - Too Low (P008700)

Maf sensor very unlikely the resolution of these codes.

being that you said it stalled leads me to a fuel pump issue at the tank !!!.

let me look at the diagram and will get back!!

ok replace the intank fuel pump and the fuel pump control module. if accessable replace the fuel filter too!!

if you do not have the low pump pressure it will stall!!

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang

Why does it only show up in stop-and-go traffic conditions, and only after 10 minutes of it?
I drove on the road today, there is no Reoccurrence of stalling. I was on limited access roads for the most part.

The fuel pump control module controls the amperage to the fuel pump . if the fuel pump is worn internally it takes more amperage to keep up the pressure . eventually the amperage is a full tilt and the pump cannot keep up the demand hence the surge and stall at times . at idle and slow speeds the demand is much greater than cruising at 60mph.

Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech
Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech