Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Roman! I have a B7 S4 cab (2007) with 65k miles and my A.C.

Customer Question
Hello Roman! I have a...
Hello Roman! I have a B7 S4 cab (2007) with 65k miles and my A.C. is not blowing cold air. I have a VAG COM scanner (Schwaben) and i am not getting an error code. The problem started when I was on the interstate and opened it up (WOT) to make an exit. The air went ambient temp. I read in the manual that the car does that to increase power so I figured after it cooled down it would kick back on and it hasn't. Here is what I am seeing with the car running A.C. full blast:
Measuring block 001
display field 1 - ac valve current 0.644
Display field 2 - 65.1% ac valve duty cycle
Display field 3 - 29.0% HP signal
Display field 4 - 8 bar
Measuring block 003 (I believe... It's the one that tells the last 4 times the compressor shut off)
Display field 1 - 5
Display field 2 - 1
Display fields 3&4 - 0
Measuring block 026
Display field 1 - 0819
Display field 2 - 31 bar
Display field 3 - 86.3
Display field 4 - 91.24
I also have the information for 027 if you need it. It looks like the pressure got to high and it shut off but im really stumped on this one because it didn't throw a code. I live in South Louisiana so AC is required year round. Luckily this car is my toy so I'm not without vehicle. I would like to try and fix it myself if possible. I did try to add a small amount (1/4 Can or so) of r134 to see if that would kick the compressor on but it didn't work. The auxiliary fan comes on as well when the ac is turned on. My car is currently in service lock in my garage, new lightweight pulley, belt, and snub, and i broke the tee on the top coolant line so I can really run it right now to test. I will have a new tee in a couple days... Any advice is greatly appreciated!!
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Audi
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/11/2017
Audi Mechanic: Wolfgang, Audi master tech replied 6 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

I need a set of a/c gauges hooked up when running . what are the pressures? is the center nut spinning while running?

thanks

How do i check the center nut? The compressor is shaft driven and faces backwards. Does the shaft engage and disengage? I am definitely not a mechanic so you might have to hold my hand a little bit.

crap i forgot its s4 v8 first gen set up .

need to have gauges on the system to see if pumping first!!

AudiDoc
AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner