Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2013 Audi a6 Quattro. notice when I accelerate hard, warning…

Customer Question
2013 Audi a6 Quattro. notice...
2013 Audi a6 Quattro. notice when I accelerate hard, warning says max 4000 rpm. I know it's not a problem with the engine. when I turn it off then back on it goes away. car runs smoothly, no kinks, nothing shows up on diagnostic test but the test was done at autozone. is this a feature of the car I can disable?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Audi
10/5/2017
Audi Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 7 months ago
Michael Solis

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen year of experience in the automotive world for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

What is the RPM you are doing? 4000 RPM?

I dont go near 4000, when I accelerate hard the speed goes from 0 to 89 very quickly only reaching btwn2-3000 RPM. then a warning comes on in which the engine lights up the RPM gage with red lights only up to 4000. when I stop turn it off then back on, the RPM gage goes back to normal, without the red lights on the 4000 mark.
Audi Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 7 months ago

I do not see a feature that will disable the high rpm warning, only a custom shop can configure that. Thats pretty much what information I have, if you like I can opt out and we can try another expert and see if someone else is more familiar, would you like that?

no, thanks for ur help. I will take it in
Audi Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 7 months ago

It was my pleasure answering your question. Now that we have either answered, or somewhat answered the question, I will offer my rating. Please let me know if for some reason you are not satisfied with the results I gave you, let me know because I strive for excellence & a 5 star. If you feel 5 star is not worth it, let me know what else I can do or change. Leaving a bad rating or negative rating only hurts me not the site. So please let me know if there is something I can do for you to earn your 5 star rating. Thank you. Sincerely, Michael.

Michael Solis
Michael Solis
Michael Solis