Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It starts and immediately shuts down with either key. Its…

Customer Question
It starts and immediately...

It starts and immediately shuts down with either key. Its not a fuel problem. How do I reprogram keys to start car? I've had a key do this before

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

It starts and runs good normally/ This just happened. It starts right up and stops 1 second later. No sputtering or anything

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Audi?

2003 Audiallroad

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I"ve started it 25 times and it always does the same thing. Starting fluid does not help. It has a new fuel pump

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is there something electrical that would automatically turn the car off?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Audi
Are you there?
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/3/2017
Audi Mechanic: kyle swart,
 replied 10 months ago
kyle swart

Hello my name is ***** ***** than you for using just answer. It does sound like your immobilizer system is not allowing the car to continue running. Typically, if it were an issue with the key, one would work and the other would not, unless, they both got wet ore on was an issue before. In order to see if it is your immobilizer system causing the issue, you need scan equipment like ross tech to check for fault codes in the immobilizer module.

Kyle S.
A.S.E. Certified master auto technician
2003-2004, 2013-2015 Certified Volkswagen technician
VW and Audi technician, indpependent, 12 years.