Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2007 Audi A4 Turbo. Sometimes takes several times before it…

Customer Question
2007 Audi A4 Turbo....
2007 Audi A4 Turbo. Sometimes takes several times before it turns over. Have had the turbo part replaced and the coils and plugs as well. But still same issues. The battery has been tested and said it's good but the alternator is showing a misfire. I was told that would have nothing to do with the turning over problem. When was in the audi dealership a while back they tested the fuel pump and said was working fine.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Audi
9/30/2017
Audi Mechanic: Audi0405, Technician replied 10 months ago
Audi0405
Audi0405, Technician

Have you checked the crank sensor ??

I have not as I didn't have any codes coming up for that. Do you think next step would be to replace the crankshaft sensor?

Can you provide me any codes if you had any ??

I was getting a P301 code so I ended up replacing all spark plugs and coils. I then received P303 so changed the coil pack around and the code followed so figured was a bad coil pack so returned for a new one. That seemed to fix the hesitancy in the car and now there is no check engine light on but I'm still getting a P303 code. Maybe the new spark plug the 3rd cylinder is not working correctly? Not sure if that would cause a tough start. Sometimes it turns right over and sometimes takes several attemtps and time inbetween.

P303 fault is a misfire fault and usually will not cause a hard start , when the car takes a while to start does it crank long or not crank at all or abnormal ??

It cranks always long. Then I will turn the key back and then try again and it cranks but doesn't turn over. Then will suddenly turn over. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme to the reasoning. For days it will crank and turn fine then some days it will take 3-4 tries and sometimes with several minutes in between.

Ok i recommend you either have the fuel pressure checked when it has a long crank just to make sure your fuel pressure is stable the most common issues to cause this problem is a failing fuel pump or failing crank sensor . I hope this helps

Pease dont forget to provide feedback for the help provided thank you

Please dont forget to provide feedback thank you

The pump was checked last month by an Audi shop and said it tested good. From what you are saying then it should be the crank sensor? I ordered one and will be here tomorrow. Also there are no issues with acceleration or stalling when it's running. Could it be injectors or fuel filter ?

If they have checked fuel pressure that would of showed up a faulty fuel pump do you have the 2.0 liter engine ??

2.0 turbo

Ok the dealer more then likely checked the low side fuel pressure we have seen many issues with the high pressure fuel pump in the engine bay not the low side one in the tank have this checked please first dont just order it have it checked because its pricey. I hope this helps please dont forget the feedback thank you i will still help you after the feedback if needed thank you