Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have an Audi A4 Quattro. I changed the air filter and

Customer Question
I have an Audi...

I have an Audi A4 Quattro. I changed the air filter and started the car. RPM went slightly below 800 RPM and started to stutter. Then the check engine light came on. So I put the old filter back in and everything remained the same. It clears up after running it for a while.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your A4 quattro?

2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your A4 quattro yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am poor so yes I am trying to fix it. I checked to see if any line had come loose and found none

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Audi
9/22/2017
Audi Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 10 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. please make sure the check valve is inserted all of the way and nothing is cracked. make sure both band clamps are tight also

I have to get to my shop. I will be back on in about an hour.