Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2002 audi a4 quattro 3.0L error codes P0300, P2404, P0102,

Customer Question
2002 audi a4 quattro...

2002 audi a4 quattro 3.0L error codes P0300, P2404, P0102, P0306, P0304

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?

100,000 had car scanned at autozone

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your A4 quattro yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to fix myself. not sure where to start

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Audi
9/22/2017
Audi Mechanic: Wolfgang, Audi master tech replied 8 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

does the vehicle run rough (not smooth)?

any recent repairs or accidents?

does the oil light come on while driving?

thanks

runs rough,
no accidents or oil light

ok the misfires needs to be done first did you check the spark plugs to see if they are worn ? move coil 4 and six to the other side and see if the misfire will go to the ther cylinder . rescan the module after test drive

AudiDoc
AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner