Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2005 A6 3.2L has been experiencing engine/fuel system…

Customer Question
My 2005 A6 3.2L has...
My 2005 A6 3.2L has been experiencing engine/fuel system problems.The symptoms are that the car suddenly dies at a stop light. Engine will restart but engine will die again within 30 seconds unless engine revs are kept high. The fuel pump was replaced last week to address low fuel pressure. I drove the repaired car less than 2 days when the exact same symptoms occurred again.The car has been towed twice to the shop. Ideas?
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Audi
Last week before the fuel pump was replaced, the car showed NO trouble codes. The car has 51,000 miles on it. All service has been performed by an Audi dealership in Southern California. The car has been well maintained. Only service the car has not received has been an ATF fluid change, mostly because Audi told me repeatedly not to change it. Now, with occasional hard shifts, especially at low speeds, they say it's too late to change it without risk of adverse effects to the transmission. When the car is not dying the gene runs very well. I use "Top Tier" 91 octane fuels only, such as Shell V Power or Chevron with Techron (PolyEtherAmine). Thank you.
When the car is not dying the engine runs very well.
9/22/2017
Audi Mechanic: Ricardo Hohl, ASE Master Certified Tech replied 9 months ago
Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl, ASE Master Certified Tech

Hi welcome to just answers my name is Ricardo. if the engine stalls but you able to start and keep running by keeping the accelerator up hi then this is not a fuel pump problem because if it was the engine will bog down do to low pressure .

first thing i will suggest is to reboot the computer by disconnecting the battery terminals negative first then positive contact both terminals together for 3 minutes or more then reconnect back to the battery negative first then positive. this should force the computer to reset throttle angle , fuel , and spark to factory specs then lest see if the problem continues.

Tha ks for your suggestion but your diagnosis was wrong and not helpful. The problem was a fuel thrust sensor, described in Audi Technical Service Bulletin.DO NOT charge me the $26 dollars.
Audi Mechanic: Ricardo Hohl, ASE Master Certified Tech replied 8 months ago

That was not a final step on diagnosing the problem on your Audi, therefore you can't say it was miss diagnose, its just basic steps you need to take before approaching the problem, remember I am not physically there to diagnose your Audi so I have to base my diagnostics on your information and mechanical skills . I am glad the problem was fix do thank you for the input and don't worry I am not charging you anything on my part.

Noted, however my credit card has already been charged $26 + $5 =$31. Please refund the $26. Thank you.

Sorry but I have no control over any payments. you need to talk to Customer service they are the ones that put the charges on your account .