Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Audi a4 emission control light has just come on but all

Customer Question
Audi a4 emission control...

Audi a4 emission control light has just come on but all running ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The yellow engine light on the dash

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your A4?

2005 cabriolet

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your A4 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Only just come on so have not tried to fix so far

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Audi
9/21/2017
Audi Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. When was your last time having the vehicle serviced? This issue could be caused by many different things like the O2 sensor, cam sensor, spark plugs, etc. This light means that there is a trouble code stored in the system. The first action that needs to be taken is to have the vehicle scanned for trouble codes. The code that is retrieved will direct you towards the problematic area, and then repair can begin. If you are near your local auto parts store, then they usually offer free vehicle scanning. I know that Autozone and Advance does. Once you retrieve the code, if you need further information on the issue, you can provide it to me here, and I will be able to give you a complete description and understanding of the issue.

Just as a reminder, if you have found this information helpful, please do not forget to rate the service, as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thanks again.

If you need further assistance, just let me know, and I will be happy to help.

Audi Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.
Todd M
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician