Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Google Assistant] the check coolant level warning has come…

Google Assistant] the check...

Google Assistant] the check coolant level warning has come on in my Audi Q7

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles on the car? How has your mileage been lately?

45000 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Q7?

2013

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Q7 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm not fixing it myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I check the coolant level and the levels are fine

9/20/2017
peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

What causes this issue here when the coolant level is at the proper level is the coolant level sensor itself.This sensor is located inside and part of the coolant tank reservoir itself.The entire reservoir needs replaced to resolve this fault here.I show a part number for your reservoir as a###-##-####One place you can get it from is in the link below.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/coolant-expansion-tank/420121403/

( if you look through the pictures on the link above you will see the level sensor electrical connector in the second picture).

As long as your fluids are full and it is not over heating your o.k. to drive like this until it can be replaced.Labor time to replace it is just over a half hours charge.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician