Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I am trying to change the light bulb on my 2013 audi Q7 tail…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to change the light bulb on my 2013 audi Q7 tail light. While I have seen the videos of how to change it this car is very different when trying to change the bulb. It seems like it needs to have the whole panel taken out.

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Audi Q7. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Well we took out the panel already but now we are stuck with trying to figure out how to remove the front from the back, if that is the case.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Audi
9/19/2017
Audi Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 11 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Sure
Audi Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 11 months ago

Attached is the factory provided info for replacing taillight bulbs in this vehicle

The back of the panel seems to have a cover in order to reach the picture for installation. That is the part that is holding us back. We can not seem to separate it
Audi Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

What you've shown in your picture is a tail lamp assembly with internal LED's which are not serviceable. The unit would need to be replaced if power and ground were present at the electrical connector but it does not light.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!