Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2006 Audi TT Quatto. My convertible gauge light…

Customer Question
I have a 2006...

I have a 2006 Audi TT Quatto. My convertible gauge light keep flashing on dashboard?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Yes, and everything is fine. Is there sensor that has gone bad?a

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your TT yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked fuses, connections. Every once and a while flashing light will go out when I go over a bump?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Audi
9/18/2017
Audi Mechanic: Wolfgang, Audi master tech replied 8 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

There is a microswitch that is on the friz causing this issue.

which one is a good question. there are possible 10-12 switches/sensors on the top that the module monitors .

let me ask this is this light coming on when the top is at the windshield or retracted in the body?

thanks

When it is connected to windshield area. It goes out when to is back.
I'm not near my care right now
Are you still there?
O.K. this is BULLSHIT!!!!! I'm done!

yes i'm here . i may be helping others too so it may take a bit to respond back.

the most likely cause is the header lock / microswitch . this may need an adjustment to the lock or replacement. it is hard to say because i'm not at the vehicle to do some series of tests with the scan tool and verify that is the main cause of the light.

hello are you there???

Where is the header lock / microswitch located?
basically, you are not able to help me narrow this down without some series of tests with the scan tool, correct?

you have come on here asking a question and i'm trying to assist the best of my ability of an 18 yr Master Audi dealer tech.

i'm trying to resolve this without going to the bank and just replace parts until the light is corrected. hence that is why maybe an adjustment of the top may be needed, a switch , the lock , or a combinations of a few pieces or adjustments.

With the scan tool either the factory one or Vag com we can monitor that switch assy , latch , adjustment if needed.

i do need a vin # to get the factory information to assist of switch or latch assy has the switch .

i'm trying to help out!!!

thanks

I apologize, I'm just TOTALLY frustrated about how everything is an expensive challenge associated with Audi. Total bullshit!
Poor customer service (I waited on phone line for 62 minutes with Audi Customer Care last Friday.. and NEVER even had a chance to talk to anyone)!VIN Number: TRUUT28N561008057

i understant totally!!

let me do my thing and look this up !! this may take a bit but i will respond asap . is that ok?

please!

ok will get back asap with the info!!

here is an attachement of the switches.

it could be either side so that is why the scan tool is needed when the light is on the tech can see which one is remaining open and then can test the switch to see if exactly the switch or is it an adjustment.

bear in mind for adjustment the vehicle is over 10 yrs old and have seen just an adjustment needed . that will have to be done at the Audi dealer to make sure nothing breaks.

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang

I did not receive an attachement of the switches.

on your screen should be a paperclip showing title

16a21834-7342-4550-9dd1-8682048d0aea_top switches.jpg. click on that and a new pop up will come up!!

did you see the pic ? does that make more sense now . ?

please do let me know !!

Thanks

checking in for an update.

I have tanken the time to assist you in your issue !!

I do expect the same with a Positive rating from you!! This positive rating credits me.

Thanks

Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech