Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech
Experience:  Senior Audi Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

Just noticed that the pendulum bracket's two bolt hole

Hi. Just noticed that the pendulum bracket's two bolt hole threads are worn/damaged in the actual gearbox. Is this an unusual problem, or just my luck? To repair this, can M10 Tappex Triserts be used. It's a 225 model. Regards David
JA: What year is your 225?
Customer: it's the 2001 'Y' reg. Changed the gearbox as I hurt the synchros when the clutch pedal broke!! Fiited the gearbox from a breakers yard and only noticed holes this week end.
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: Neither, as still in the process of putting everything back in after a year!! Forgotten where the steering pipes are mounted so more taxing brain power needed!!
JA: Are you fixing your 225 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Am stuck with what to do with damaged threads for pendulum/dogmount bracket
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, That's the main culprit...I sincerely hope.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

you will need heli coils to do the threads.

you will need m10 x1.5 coils and has to be the extended coils at least 1 inch .

those may work i do need to see the style of tappex you have can you supplu a pic?

thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Wolfgang. I have not ordered anything yet as was not too sure what to order just in case. I have installed heli-coils before at work some years ago, albeit not on cars! I'll contact Tappex.UK to get further info on length of the coils. Thanks for the info and will give a positive rating

thanks alot !!