Audi0405
Audi0405, Technician
Experience:  10 years in Vw and Audi Field
22815973

I need an Audi mechanic, 2003 Audi A4 B6 3.0L FWD Cabriolet,

I need an Audi mechanic
JA: What is the model/year of your Audi?
Customer: 2003 Audi A4 B6 3.0L FWD Cabriolet
JA: Are you fixing your A4 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes fixing my self. I need to replace the B1 S1 Oxygen Sensor, however I see NO WAY to get to the sensor. Impossible from the engine bay, barely visible from underneath. It looks like the engine has to come out to replace this sensor. Is there any other way?
JA: Have you located all of the vehicle's oxygen sensors? Are the wires leading to and from each intact and in good shape?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No other than this Audi with the 3.0l engine was unique. I need someone who is familiar with it.

I can help you no you dont need to remove the engine what you need to get is a 02 sensor socket called a crows food and use a extension to be able to get to it its still a tight fit but this is how we do it . I have posted a link which shows how the socket looks . I hope this helps .

http://www.homedepot.com/p/TEKTON-3-8-in-Drive-7-8-in-22-mm-Offset-Oxygen-Sensor-Socket-47749/205848403?cm_mmc=Shopping%7CTHD%7CG%7C0%7CG-BASE-PLA-D25T-HandTools%7C&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIs6uO5uKq1gIVSwOGCh0PyQY2EAQYAyABEgL5B_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CMTn8OfiqtYCFUyPaQodIVEGyA

Please dont forget to provide positive feedback/rating for the help provided tank you

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Tech0405 yeah I have the sockets already and also the extensions. but I still cannot see how to reach that sensor from the engine bay . The 3.0L has zero clearance with the engine well. I have removed the air filter box, & MAF The only entry to that area (where the sensor lives) from the enginebay is at the fire wall but I cannot see the sensor on part of the Cat. This 3.0L cab is unique. Where from the bay would you try to reach it?

Sorry you are correct not much room other way i have done it is remove the passenger side wheel and i would also remove axle to get the room to get to the front oxygen sensor on that side.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
tech0405 thanks much. I knew there had to be a trick to accessing that sensor. What a PITA though. I would love to meet the engineer that designed this.

Trust me go trough this a lot please dont forget the rating feedback thank you