AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

I recently purchased and then took my 2004 A8 to the local

Customer Question

Good Morning,
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I recently purchased and then took my 2004 A8 to the local shop that has been servicing the car for the last 7 years for the suspension lights which were constantly going from green down to yellow up and which would only stay in dynamic mode when we would switch it on the MMI I was told that the cause of the problem was the pump, which was constantly running, and therefore needed to be replaced, which was a cost of 1700 When I got the car from the shop, the lights were still on and still switching from yellow to green and so I called them a and they said it was the computer resetting, and not to worry. Well a week went by and I took it back in yesterday and was told that the reason the lights were on is because my left front airbag has a leak in it, so now they want to have me replace the front 2 at a cost of 1500 each. My son who is a mechanic told me that this car has a great set of self diagnostic software in it, and that it throws codes for things like this, SO.......all that to ask a question. Should there have been a code for the leak, and should that have been addressed first? Seems the leak would naturally cause the pump to run all the time since it could never keep up with the demand for air. I think I've been "had" and I am pretty upset. Any help you might offer would be greatly appreciated
JA: Emailing***@******.*** is the best way to reach customer service. Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: I do not have any of those tools. Sorry to say. I do not have the code either, that is what I was hoping to get from you
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Audi Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you fixing your A8 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no I am too old to do that repair, I was trusting the shop since it had all the history with the vehicle. I have done no other repairs aside from what I mentioned above
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: can you please ask the mechanic to email me with his opinions??? I am at***@******.*** OH that's great you will connect me?? Great
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Gunvir Singh replied 1 month ago.

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Did the front suspension go down before the pump replacement too or this is the first time it happened?