Audi

Audi Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Audi

My 2000 Audi a4t will crank but will not start. Any

Customer Question
suggestions. JA: Have you checked the...
My 2000 Audi a4t will crank but will not start. Any suggestions.
JA: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?
Customer: Not yet car was being drove by someone else when it died and would not restart
JA: Are you fixing your 4000 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Have not gotten started yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not now
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Audi
9/14/2017
Audi Mechanic: peterpete190, Technician replied 4 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This issue here can be due to a faulty fuel pump which was a common issue.Usually with the key on or cranking over the engine you should hear the pump whine or run at the fuel tank as it is seated in the fuel tank area.If you do not hear this noise at all this is usually a good indication the pump has failed.

I would have fuel pressure tested with a fuel pressure test gauge.If pressure is found to be low or no pressure at all then the power and ground signals need tested at the pump.If the pump has power and ground then it needs replaced.If you need info on how to test this let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Can hear fuel pump when key is turned

Is there any way you can remove a spark plug or two and see if it is wet with fuel at all?

I will have to do this later.I'll get back to you. Tks

O.k.,let me know when your ready.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician