Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2005 Audi A6 - my MMI turns on starts to boot for 10 sec or…

Customer Question
2005 Audi A6 -...

2005 Audi A6 - my MMI turns on starts to boot for 10 sec or so - and then goes black

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

I accidentally pulled a fuse while the car was running and the radio shut off - now just the boot and dies

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your A6 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Went toi dealer - reccomended a new MMI controller - said 18 or so errors came up in test

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope - I can replace the MMI control - no problem - just checking before i buy

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Audi
Answered in 1 day by:
9/14/2017
Audi Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 11 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

While you can replace it, it requires programming with dealer level scan tool once installed