Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2004 2.7 t a6 Quadro. the timming belt was broken…

Customer Question
I have a 2004...

I have a 2004 2.7 t a6 Quadro. the timming belt was broken .put the new one on .used the aligning tools . now it will not start..i now the maybe some damage to the heads. could that stop it from startin

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the timing belt? Have you ever had to change it before?

I got the car with the brokrn belt from audi dealer .didnt pay much. the car has 150k

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your A6?

2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your A6 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I put the new belt on just like i down before and it will not fire up

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Water sign fashes on cludter

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Audi
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/9/2017
Audi Mechanic: eauto, The Car Guy replied 9 months ago
eauto
eauto, The Car Guy

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.
have you checkek compression? its a inteerference motor its very very likley has bent valves

that is what ive been putting off .ive very lucky in the pass .i thought it was turning over to easy .so ill check it tonight that tonight

thats the next step..they almost always bend valves sorry to say

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue
If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.
A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated
If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue
Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.
you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue
(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)
Thank You
John S