Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My Audi TTS passenger door will not lock manually of with…

Customer Question
My Audi TTS passenger...

My Audi TTS passenger door will not lock manually of with the key fob. The drivers side locks, but there is no lock sound either.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

The key fob works for the driver's side door.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Audi?

2009 TTS

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything yet. Trying to get a sense of the issue.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing else.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Audi
9/10/2017
Audi Mechanic: Kevin, Technician replied 11 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, Technician

Hi I'm Kevin does everything else in the door work correctly ?

Good question. I did not check the windows, but will do that.

Let me know

The windows work as normal.

Ok if you put your ear to the outside of door whilst trying to lock on key is there any noise from lock at all

No lock noise on the passenger side. Drivers side normal. I do not hear the 'chirp' when the doors are locked with the key fob.

Ok on dash does it show you have a door open when the door is opened ? Do interior lights come on ?

Dash shows doors open and interior lights come on when doors open.

Ok in the door shut area where hinges are there is a rubber tbe if you pop one end back just check and see if there are any broken wires inside .i suspect there wont be and the lock itself has failed as this is very common

i do not see any broken wires.

In most cases the door lock is at fault .the door will need to be stripped to test at door lock and for replacement

I've replaced parts in pickup doors. How difficult is the TT door panel to remove? Cost of the lock replacement?

The tts are tricking in this are as the door lock is removed from the outside . You have to strip the door card from the inside and then remove outer door skin to remove lock