Audi0405
Audi0405, Technician
Experience:  10 years in Vw and Audi Field
22815973

I have a 2011 Audi Q5 and the rear lights on the lift gate

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 2011 Audi Q5 and the rear lights on the lift gate doesn't work. I don't know if there's a fuse problem or the whole light need changing, I pray that's not the problem.
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: Not yet I don't have an owners manual
JA: Are you fixing your Q5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've only taken the lights out to see if there was bulbs or not and called to price replacement lights
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The lights on the rear bumper still work
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Audi0405 replied 1 month ago.
More then likely you have a broken wires on the tailgate where it goes from inside the body to the tailgate since they have to flex there a lot it's common for them to fray and break at times . I hope this helps please don't forget to provide feedback / rating for the help provided thank you
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
is that something I can fix or something that needs to be taken to a dealership or mechanic shop?
Expert:  Audi0405 replied 1 month ago.
I recommend a mechanic so he can fix the wires correctly with heat shrink connectors