Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2011 Audi Q5 and the rear lights on the lift gate…

Customer Question
Hi. I have a...

Hi. I have a 2011 Audi Q5 and the rear lights on the lift gate doesn't work. I don't know if there's a fuse problem or the whole light need changing, I pray that's not the problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Not yet I don't have an owners manual

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Q5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've only taken the lights out to see if there was bulbs or not and called to price replacement lights

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The lights on the rear bumper still work

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Audi
9/9/2017
Audi Mechanic: Audi0405, Technician replied 11 months ago
Audi0405
Audi0405, Technician
More then likely you have a broken wires on the tailgate where it goes from inside the body to the tailgate since they have to flex there a lot it's common for them to fray and break at times . I hope this helps please don't forget to provide feedback / rating for the help provided thank you
is that something I can fix or something that needs to be taken to a dealership or mechanic shop?
I recommend a mechanic so he can fix the wires correctly with heat shrink connectors