Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The windows will not operate. 2000 a6. Disconnect the

Customer Question
The windows will not...

The windows will not operate

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Audi?

2000 a6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your A6 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Disconnect the battery / check the owners manual for a fuse -- no fuse for the windows

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Had issue with sun roof and manually closed

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Audi
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/8/2017
Audi Mechanic: Wolfgang, Audi master tech replied 11 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

I do need a vin # to get the factory information to assist!!

Thanks