Audi

Audi Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Audi

I too like many other am having radio code problems. I have…

Customer Question
I too like many other...
I too like many other am having radio code problems. I have called 2 dealerships with VIN and Serial numbers, only to be told that I must bring our vehicle to the dealership to be hooked to a scan tool to pull the code. I work at a used car dealership and we had the battery unhooked for service work. Unfortunately the closest AUDI dealership to me is 3 hours away.VIN= TRUWT28N941021349
Radio = AUZ5Z6C5051099Any help would be greatly appreciated
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Audi
8/2/2017
Audi Mechanic: peterpete190, Technician replied 6 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Unfortunately on this model here the dealer does have to plug in their computer to either program the radio or to retrieve a code to correct this issue here.I have seen this needed on some of these models here.I do not see a manual way around this unfortunately.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician