Audi

Audi Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Audi

I have a 2007 Audi A6 Quattro 3.2. Recently it has started

Customer Question
Hi, I have a 2007 Audi...
I have a 2007 Audi A6 Quattro 3.2. Recently it has started taking longer to turnover on a cold start. After driving for a while, if I turn it off, it starts back up right away.The other day I started it after it sat for two days and it took even longer to start. Finally when it did start it was very rough and there was no acceleration. I turned it off and on again and the check engine light came on. I parked it and tried it a few hours later. Still took a little while to turn over but it drove fine.The check engine lights were:
P2401(EVAP Leak Detection Pump Control Circuit Low) This one is not new and has been intermittent for a while.
P0031(Oxygen (A/F) Sensor Heater Control Circuit Low)
P0051(HO2S Heater Control Circuit Low)
P0037(HO2S Heater Control Circuit Low)
P0057(HO2S Heater Control Circuit Low)
P2009(Intake Manifold Runner Control Circuit Low)
P2295(Fuel Pressure Regulator 2 Control Circuit Low)I have the battery checked and they said the voltage was fine. Any ideas on what this could be or where I should focus?Thank you
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Audi
8/1/2017
Audi Mechanic: Audi0405, Technician replied 3 months ago
Audi0405
Audi0405, Technician

You have a very common issue al the faults you have listed are related you will need a new fuel pump relay that relays sends power to the components you have faults for and also for the fuel pump thats why you have a long crank at times . I hope this helps please dont forget to provide positive feedback/rating for the help provided thank you

Hi,Thanks for the reply. So only replace the relay for now? Seems like a simple enough fix I can try. My only concern is that it just seems to happen on the first start after sitting. Why does it seem to start up much quicker with subsequent starts?
Can you also tell me where the fuse box with the pump relay is located for the 2007. Looking online there seems to be conflicting information.
Audi0405
Audi0405
Audi0405, Technician