Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2013 A8 is showing an overheating warning the gauge also…

Customer Question
My 2013 A8 is...

My 2013 A8 is showing an overheating warning the gauge also says its hot and I should pull over and idle until cools down however when I lift the hood the coolant laevel is great and I feel no extrodinary heat issue

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working?

No how can I check Tsat

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your A8 yourself? What have you tried so far?

It backs off on the gauge and won't alarm me for two months then randomly glitch again

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Oil is always changed car seems fine

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Audi
7/31/2017
Audi Mechanic: Kevin, Technician replied 8 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, Technician

Hi im kevin i would as a precaution pull over when this occurrs but i strongly suspect you have a failing coolant temperature sesnor causing a false warning to occurr.the easiest way to confirm this is to have fault codes scanned with a diagnostic tool

Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Technician