Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I just recently purchased Audi A8L with 47,000 miles and…

Customer Question
I just recently purchased...

I just recently purchased hey Audi A8L with 47,000 miles and discovered that the trunk Will not fully open from the drivers door or the trob without physical assistance. How can this be resolved?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried silicone spray or WD-40?

No I haven't where exactly should I apply it because it's my understanding now that this was a manufacturer's defect when the car was made

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Audi?

2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I have a mechanic but I am sure I could apply some silicone spray if I knew exactly where to apply it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Audi
7/31/2017
Audi Mechanic: Wolfgang, Audi master tech replied 11 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

There are 2 types of hinge set up . are the trunk hinges aluminum or are they pained the same color of the car

thanks

Wolfgang