AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

2004 AUDI A4 1.8 TURBO start engine optimization No throttle

Customer Question

2004 AUDI A4
1.8 TURBO
start engine optimization
No throttle
Press peddle, but not acceleration or rev...
What is the problem
Category: Audi
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Start engine.
Then press throttle but no acceleration. Pump throttle, but no change in aceleration.......car only goes 5 mph ......no rev in accelerator.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

when you have the car started is the check engine light on?

any recent repairs on the vehicle?

do the brake lights stay on and will not go off?

thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Check Engine Light is on. The car has a lot of codes that pop-up. local guy is not familiar with Trouble shooting Audi's. No recent repairs. Brake lights do not stay on. Occasionally I'll start it and it works fine. But most often I start it and throttle doesn't work. I have another spare car to drive when Audi doesn't work.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 3 months ago.

do you have all of the fault codes and can you post here?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I did not write down any of the codes. The local guy didn't know what to trouble shoot first, so I don't believe he wrote anything down.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 2 months ago.

is there any way for a recan so you can jot the cods down?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will try to see if I can get the codes again this weekend.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 2 months ago.

please do!! thanks