Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2001 audi a6 quattro keeps overheating on idle, Only after…

2001 audi a6 quattro...

2001 audi a6 quattro keeps overheating on idle

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?

Only after the car overheated

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your A6 quattro yourself? What have you tried so far?

When I opened the top cover to put coolant

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Right now I'm looking for any coolant leak and nothing

7/12/2017
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

1- Are the fans running ?

2- is the thermostat opening ?

3- can you squeeze top hose by hand or hard as a rock ?

4- when it over heated ,did you drive on it ,while hot and if you did how long ?

5- have you been adding any coolant to it to top off prior to this ?

6- is it building pressure in the reservoir jug?

lets start here and we go from there

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

1.The a.c. fan works. The main fan inside the radiator (driver side) works the second one(left passenger) does not.
2. I'm not so sure if its. That is actually one of the reason why it's overheating.
3.hose are not hard as rock.
4. No the beeping noise started after I parked my car at work.
5.just after work cuz I had to put more.
6.yes, when the car was overheating.

ok so the fan is running that is good , I will suspect , a stuck thermostat and it will build pressure and push the coolant out ,I would start with new thermostat ,flush radiator and refill and bleed and retest and go from there

pull oil dipstick out ,make sure oil does not look milky , if it does ,that means coolant is mixing with oil internally, that will not be good, like a blown head gasket , i doubt that is the issue if you did not let it over heat and drive on extended period of time

YOU ARE WELCOME

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Apreciatted

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation.

Please kindly rate Me ,A 5 Star Rating is Much Appreciated.

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,

You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert

that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please Keep in Mind that when You Rate Me , it Does Not End Our Conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

I 'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till LATE PM Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat