AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

A few things. One, the speedometer and fuel guage are not

Customer Question

A few things. One, the speedometer and fuel guage are not working. Second, it sounds as if I have a blow off valve but to my knowledge I don't. If press the gas to quickly in 3rd gear and above, in between 3000 and 4000 RPM's, it's as if the turbo cuts out and the engine flutters. I was thinking fuel filter but that would not have an effect on turbo.
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: starts with no problems. No, I would not say it has become a gas hog
JA: What is the model/year of your Audi?
Customer: 2001 tt coupe
JA: Are you fixing your TT Coupe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I actually just acquired it last week. I can t even find the odb II connector
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO, I think that is enough
Category: Audi
Expert:  kyle swart replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for using just answer. Your car does have a blow off valve, but the manufacturer calls it a re-circulation valve, it puts the blown off air back into the air intake. The hose that travels to this valve, which you can see coming out of the metal pipe behind the valve cover (with engine shield removed), is know to tear open over time from the pressure. I would check that first with the turbo issues that your having. Hope this helps,

Kyle S.
A.S.E. certified master auto technician
licensed smog technician, test and repair, L-1 advanced engine performance certified
Certified Volkswagen technician, 2003,2004,2013,2014,2015
Volkswagen and Audi independent 12 years

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Awesome answer. Unfortunately, I didn't go d any damage to the house. See pic 1 to make sure I'm looking at the right thing. Other issues I found in the engine compartment is described by following statements and pics.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Other hoses I found bad. You can see my quick repair job. Jose is coming off of valve cover into an area I cant see...
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Vaccine line just behind valve cover by the hose you had me check.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Jacked battery that I need to rewire to it's original position.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The UP cluster is stuck in stupid. The date never changes, no speedometer, has gauge flutters, and the center barely lights up but I can see signs of a battery, windshield wipers fluid needed, the right passenger door stays open on the IP cluster, and a flashing circle. I have checked the fuses but no joy. Is it true that I may be able to have the IP UP cluster replaced for free due to recall or something? Oh, and I can't seem to find the odb II connection.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That pretty much displays my immediate problems. I appreciate your assistance. You just may get rich off of me. Lol
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
If a video would help to hear sounds etc. Let me know. I'm willing

The hose that is in your first pic, its coupled together with the smaller hose with that piece of rubber, thats the one that usually pops. It attaches to the recirc valve. they usually tear real close or underneath that rubber sheath. Usually, there will be some oil around it though.